To us there's nowhere better than a secluded camp site (preferably in an awesome location) to make a meal special! And where better to prepare our food than out the back of our JUCY van?
Here are just a few of the incredible meals we had on our JUCY road trips last year in the USA!
Check out our other Road Trip Blog Posts to see more about these trips!
- USA: Yellowstone National Park
- USA: Grand Teton, Arches & Canyonlands
- USA: Monument Valley, The Grand Canyon & Page, Arizona
- USA: Bryce Canyon & Zion National Park
Go food shopping! Make sure you've got everything you need, there's nothing worse than getting halfway through preparing a meal in the middle of nowhere and realising you don't have some of the ingredients!
We've chucked in one of our go to recipes for on the road, It's easy, quick AND cheap. You beauty!
Get wine. Or beer. Or a Freshly squeezed OJ (whatever tickles your fancy!). And drink it out of a glass. Nothing says romance like a bevvie out of a glass!
Prepare food! As in cook it yourself! Food is always more enjoyable when you've made it yourself!
Sit down and eat it. Together! A nice view makes this part super special.
Have another drink. Or 2.
Clean up the inside of your van. Or don't! We don't care what the inside of your Van looks like!
BUT make sure you clean up everything outside your van, nothing ruins someone else's super sexy romantic meal on the road like someone's else's rubbish!
Repeat for all meals on the road!
- Onion (brown or purple, both are yum)
- Passata (or any tomato pasta sauce!)
- Kalamata Olives
- Sundried Tomatoes (not essential, but very tasty)
- Tofu* (Or other protein, chorizo would be a nice if you're a meat lover)
*You can leave out the tofu, or swap it for another source of protein. Bec is vegan so we're all about them tasty non-meat protein sources!
- Boil Water. We always forget this step until the sauce is ready and then you have to wait. So get the water boiling.
- Fry tofu! Make sure it's crispy-ish on the edges. this makes it tastier!
- Now fry all the veggies up in some olive oil. Start with the eggplant because it's slow to cook. Then the onions and then the rest. I generally chuck the firmer veggies in earlier so they can soften!
- Now add some salt and pepper if you're feeling like it. Some dried herbs like oregano also wouldn't go astray here! If you don't have these no stress. Carry on.
- Add the pasta to the water whenever it's boiling!
- Once veggies are all tasty and softened add the pasta sauce/passata!
- Drain pasta, put in bowl, top with delicious veggie/tomato mix.
- Eat! Yum!
Make sure to check these guys out for all your Road Trippin' needs! www.jucyworld.com, and don't forget to give them a like on social media @JUCYworld!